Houston power outages can do more than ruin your day’s schedule—they can create safety hazards for your family. Your generator keeps the lights and fridge on if the power goes out, but it can also power essential electronic equipment, like medical devices and security systems. That’s why generator replacement is critical whenever your standby generator has broken down or reached the end of its life span.
Make sure you have a reliable, working generator, and replace a faulty generator quickly. Contact Aaron’s Electrical Service online or call us at 832-702-4263 today.
About Our Standby Generators
You need to be able to depend on your standby generator when there is a power outage, so it is important that you choose a model that is reliable and built to last. At Aaron’s Electrical, we feature high-performance standby generators from our partners at Generac.
With output capacities that range from 7.5 to over 150 kilowatts, they can power a few important circuits or your entire home. Our Generac standby generators feature:
- Transfer switches for eight circuits, 16 circuits, or the whole home
- Automatic starting and operation during a power outage
- 24/7 manufacturer support, 365 days a year
- No need for refueling with a natural gas or propane connection
- Optional monitoring through Wi-Fi or mobile apps
To learn more about the benefits of choosing a Generac generator for your Houston home, contact our team today. We also feature a full line of commercial standby generators including major brands, such as Briggs & Stratton.
Why Replace a Generator?
Generators are typically workhorses if properly installed and maintained. Still, like any mechanical or electrical equipment, they won’t last forever. A home backup generator can last up to 30 years if lightly used and well maintained. If you’re unsure of your generator’s reliability, let our licensed Houston electrician inspect it and recommend repairs or replacement.
Generator replacement advantages include:
- Saving money on repairs: Your older generator may require frequent repairs, and major repairs can be costly. It often makes sense, in these situations, to replace your old generator with a new, dependable one.
- Avoiding inconvenience or danger during power outages: If you can’t count on your home’s existing generator to kick in when needed, it’s time to consider residential generator replacement at your Houston home.
- Enjoying peace of mind: Whether you’re home or away when the power goes out, knowing you can rely on your new generator to ensure continuity is a great stress reliever.
Learn more about generator replacement. Contact Aaron’s Electrical Service online or call us at 832-702-4263 now!
Signs It’s Time for Backup Generator Replacement at Your Houston Home
Watch for these signs that it’s time to install a new residential generator:
- Age: Typically, well-designed and properly installed home generators can supply up to 30,000 hours of standby power in their lifetime. Considering usage variables, there’s no set-in-stone replacement period. Make your repair versus replacement decision based on the performance you receive and your electrician’s evaluation of your current generator.
- Frequent repairs: If you must call for repairs often, save yourself the trouble and go with generator replacement by Aaron’s Electrical Service.
- Major repair: If your generator needs extensive repair work, it can make sense to invest in a brand-new generator instead.
- Start-up issues: Your home generator should come on automatically when needed. If it fails to do so, consider a new generator to replace it.
- Inefficiency: If your generator is using more fuel than usual, you can save on these costs with a new, state-of-the-art, efficient generator.
- Inconsistent supply of power: A faulty generator may not supply a steady flow of electricity, which can damage your home electronics, cause lights to flicker, etc.
- Low capacity: Your older generator may not have the ability to support modern home appliances and mobile devices.
- Dangerous CO emissions: Generators nearing the end of their useful life may give off carbon monoxide, which can lead to deadly CO poisoning.
Replace your generator to protect your Houston home and family. Contact Aaron’s Electrical Service. Call 832-702-4263 today.
What Happens When We Replace Your Generator?
Before our experienced, professional electricians replace your generator, we can help you choose the right brand and size (generator capacity) for your home and family needs. We then remove your old residential generator and can dispose of it for you. Our licensed electricians then perform flawless generator replacement, installing the new system with precision and the utmost care.
Our electricians work efficiently, minimizing interruption to your day. We keep our work area neat and clean up after the generator installation is complete. Before leaving your home, we thoroughly test the newly installed standby generator and show you how to use it. You can also call us anytime if you have any questions.
When you need top-rated residential generator replacement in the Houston Metro area, contact Aaron’s Electrical Service in Houston. Call us at 832-702-4263 today!
Where to Get a Replacement Generator in Houston, TX
If your standby generator is older, or in danger of failing, trust Aaron’s Electrical Service, serving Metro Houston, to help. Our licensed electricians provide expert generator replacement or repair, with a tireless focus on customer satisfaction.
Be prepared for future power outages with professional generator replacement! Contact Aaron’s Electrical Service online, or call 832-702-4263 now.
Generator Installation FAQs
How loud are standby generators?
All standby generators will create some amount of noise due to engine operation, but they include specially designed enclosures that not only protect them from the weather but also work to reduce relative noise output. Most standby generators range from 60 to 80 decibels, while Generac models operate from 58 to 65 decibels, which is considered relatively quiet.
How do I power a generator?
Home standby generators are usually powered by natural gas, which is an extremely efficient and cost-effective option that avoids the need for refueling or fuel storage on your property. If municipal gas service is not available in your area, our standby generators can also be powered by propane. Generac also features diesel-powered standby generators, primarily for commercial use.
How do I know what size generator I need?
The output of a standby generator is rated in kilowatts. To determine the size of the generator your home will require, you must add up the wattage of all the appliances and devices you plan to use during a power outage. This includes things like refrigerators, electric stoves, radios, televisions, medical devices, and heating and air conditioning equipment. Many devices list the number of watts they consume, but some may only list amperage, though wattage can be found by multiplying amperage by voltage. Our experts at Aaron’s Electrical can help you accurately determine your generator requirements, and we can recommend the best models for your needs. Generac also offers a handy generator size calculator on their website to help you get a general estimate.
Do you have more questions about standby generators? Call Aaron’s Electrical at 832-702-4263 or contact us online to speak with one of our expert electricians today.